Corizon Health Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Sign On Bonus in Boise, Idaho
About Corizon Health
At Corizon Health, we share a common bond to deliver extraordinary care and client service. We take pride in achieving excellence and honoring our responsibility to deliver safe, effective and efficient healthcare services that better our communities. Join our team and experience a work culture that encourages professional growth, development and well-being. Find out why, as healthcare experts, we could work anywhere, but we choose to work at Corizon Health and make a difference together.
Correctional care is a highly specialized field of nursing that allows you autonomy and the rare opportunity to use most of your nursing skills. You may see triage care, dentistry, lab, x-ray, ophthalmology, infirmaries, emergency rooms, and much more. Correctional nurses are the first on the scene healthcare providers, so no two days are alike. We welcome nurses from all backgrounds including, but not limited to new graduates, nursing homes, hospitals, dialysis, home health, and doctors offices. You will be able to treat trauma, chronic illness, substance abuse, and mental illness to name a few.
Now Offering a Sign On Bonus to new employees! Must apply by 11/18/19!
• Corizon Health Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) deliver quality care that is consistent within the scope of practice as outlined by the local state nurse practice act for Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses
• Tasks, activities and functions as delegated and may make assignment of duties to others as defined in their state of practice act
• Ensuring that tasks, activities and functions assigned to others can safely be performed by the person receiving the assignment based on their educational preparation
• Provide monitoring of tasks, activities and functions that are assigned to others to ensure proper understanding and completion
• Visit the infirmary daily and documents encounters in patients. Medical Record as assigned
• Ensure Medical Record documentation is in SOAP format, problem oriented and corresponds to the therapeutic order. Ensures all documentation is timed, legible and signed
• Ensures all verbal or telephone orders are countersigned within seventy-two (72) hours
• Contribute to the assessment of the health status of patients
• Participate in the development and modification of a patients plan of care
• Perform delegated tasks, activities and functions that are consistent with prior educational preparation and within scope of practice
• Provide direct basic care to assigned (multiple) clients within the structure of the healthcare program at their facility
• Provide safe and effective nursing care and assumes responsibility for the care delivered
• Implements patient education based on established teaching plans
Experience & Requirements
• Graduate of an Licensed Practical Nursing Program
• Licensed as a Practical Nurse in the state of employment
• Possess or ability to obtain a CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) Certification
• Knowledgeable of specific state laws and regulations governing practice
• Satisfactory completion of initial and annual clinical competencies to demonstrate aptitude as assigned by role
• Remains knowledgeable about specific state laws and regulations governing practice.
• This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening
Benefits include the opportunity to become Certified Correctional Healthcare Professionals (CCHP), a designation given by the National Commission on Correctional Health Care; 5 weeks Paid Time Off; Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance; $10,000 in Tuition Assistance for continuing education; 401(k) with company match; Free online Continuing Education program; Comprehensive Onboarding; Mentor and Preceptor Programs.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans
Job Locations US-ID-Boise
Category Nursing & Nursing Assistant
Position Type Regular Full-time
Shift / Schedule Variable
Location ID 06340