Corizon Health RN, Registered Nurse, Assistant Director of Nurses, ADON, RN Charge in Cameron, Missouri
About Corizon Health
At Corizon Health, we share a common bond to deliver extraordinary care and client service. We take pride in achieving excellence and honoring our responsibility to deliver safe, effective and efficient healthcare services that better our communities. Join our team and experience a work culture that encourages professional growth, development and well-being. Find out why, as healthcare experts, we could work anywhere, but we choose to work at Corizon Health and make a difference together.
Correctional care is a highly specialized field of nursing that allows you autonomy and the rare opportunity to use most of your nursing skills. You may see triage care, dentistry, lab, x-ray, ophthalmology, infirmaries, emergency rooms, and much more. Correctional nurses are the first on the scene healthcare providers, so no two days are alike. We welcome nurses from all backgrounds including, but not limited to new graduates, nursing homes, hospitals, dialysis, home health, and doctors offices. You will be able to treat trauma, chronic illness, substance abuse, and mental illness to name a few.
We have an exceptional opportunity for an Assistant Director of Nurses to join our healthcare team at the Western Missouri Correctional Center located in Cameron, MO.
• Under the supervision of the Director of Nursing, administers the nursing program in the Healthcare unit, directly supervises one shift and shares 24-hour responsibility for all nursing and paraprofessional personnel
• Participates in the recruitment and orientation of new nursing personnel. Actively participates in in-service training programs and staff meetings
• Participates in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the Healthcare Unit; confers with Director of Nursing in matters of policy and program development
• Schedules evaluation conferences for non-supervisory nursing personnel and participate in their performance evaluations on a regularly scheduled basis
• Collaborates with physicians and other members of interdisciplinary team to develop and initiate health review
• Supervises the preparation of records of nursing care and other treatments given to patients
• Plans and supervises the implementation of various nursing care techniques. Supervises the emergency medical care given in accordance with written policies of facility
• Serve as liaison between nursing staff and Director of Nursing to relay pertinent information, to serve as consultant with problem solving relative to improving health care delivery
• Prepare and submit daily, monthly, and annual medical records and reports as requested to administrative staff
Experience & Requirements
• Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
• Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of employment
• At least 3 years of experience as a nurse manager or similar.
Previous experience in a correctional setting is preferred, but not required.
• Possess or ability to obtain a CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) Certification
• Knowledgeable of specific state laws and regulations governing practice
• This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans
Job Locations US-MO-Cameron
Category Clinical & Operations Leadership
Position Type Regular Full-time
Shift / Schedule Variable