Corizon Health Assistant Director of Nursing in Cumberland, Maryland
About Corizon Health
Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional healthcare in the United States.
We are a company built on more than 40 years of innovation and expertise in the industry.
Our people, our practices, and our commitment to success are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your correctional healthcare career.
We have an exceptional opportunity for an Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) to join our healthcare team at Western Correctional Institution located in Westover, Maryland.
Available hours: Day Shift (8am-5pm)
Directs the provision of healthcare to patients by professional and paraprofessional nursing staff via interaction with their Charge Nurses and clinical staff.
Interacts with a variety of healthcare professionals, corrections, and administrative staff to achieve the goals of the nursing department and fulfill contractual requirements.
Functions as a senior clinical nurse for respective area of responsibility. Supervises the delivery of nursing services provided to the patients within areas of responsibility on a daily basis.
Provides monthly staffing schedule to Site Administrator and Director of Nursing, works with Charge Nurses to adjust their daily personnel needs, provides any personnel changes to include call outs, scheduling trades, etc. to the Site Administrator and Director of Nursing.
Experience & Requirements
Qualifications of the Corizon Health Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON)
• Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing must be a Registered Nurse (RN) licensed in the state of Maryland.
• Minimum two (2) years progressive nursing management experience, nursing experience in direct patient care delivery services.
• Demonstrated ability to interact positively with the client, patients, staff, and management team.
• Exceptional communication skills, influence, morale, and leadership abilities.
• Have a strong desire to have a significant role in the success of an innovative health services program.
• Current CPR or ACLS certification
• Remains knowledgeable about specific state laws and regulations governing practice.
• Satisfactory completion of initial and annual clinical competencies to demonstrate aptitude as assigned by role.
Benefits offered to the Corizon Health Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON)
• Paid Time Off
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Tuition Assistance
• 401(k) with company match
• Free online Continuing Education program
• Comprehensive Onboarding
For questions contact: Carolyn Coney-Johnson Sr. Clinical Recruiter at 615-660-6814 or email@example.com
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans
Job Locations US-MD-Cumberland
Category Nursing & Nursing Assistant
Position Type Regular Full-time
Shift / Schedule Weekday Day
Location ID 91224