About Corizon Health
Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It’s a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health, you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. As a Corizon Health professional, you have access to the resources and support to enhance your skills, build a solid foundation to reach your career potential, and contribute to the care and well-being of an underserved population. There is no greater calling. Join Corizon Health today and be part of our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise.
Corizon Health Nurse Practitioners utilize the medical model to meet a variety of healthcare needs with an ambulatory care as their primary focus. Nurse Practitioners/Physician Assistants work with a variety of healthcare professionals and security officers in a correctional environment.
Nurse Practitioners/Physician Assistant also¿
· Respond to and initiate care for medical emergencies throughout the facility
· Identify patient health problems and prescribes treatment under direction of a physician
· Implement medical care utilizing therapeutic regimens approved by a physician
· Provide education to patient, healthcare and correctional staff
· Document all healthcare contacts
· Adhere to safety and security policies and participate in disaster drills
· Follow security regulations for keys, sharps, and controlled medications
· Delegate to and supervise other team members as appropriate
· Adhere to Universal Precautions and other appropriate infection control practices
Experience & Requirements
· Graduate of an accredited college/university nurse practitioner program with current certification /licensure in the state of employment.
· Maintains an active CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification.
· 6 months experience as a Primary Care NP
Responsibilities of the Corizon Health Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
Benefits for you: Opportunities for growth and advancement, Paid time off, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Tuition assistance, 401(K) with company match, CME allowance, Mal practice paid
Background check, security clearance, and drug screening required.
Contact: Dee Thandi: email@example.com: 800-893-2118
Join Our Talent Community
Job Locations US-MD-Cumberland
Category Nurse Practitioners
Position Type Regular Full-time
Shift / Schedule Weekday Day
Location ID 91224