Corizon Health Nurse Practitioner - Hourly in Hagerstown, Maryland
About Corizon Health
Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional healthcare in the United States.
We are a company built on more than 40 years of innovation and expertise in the industry.
Our people, our practices, and our commitment to success are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your correctional healthcare career.
Corizon Health Nurse Practitioners utilize the medical model to meet a variety of healthcare needs with an ambulatory care as their primary focus. Nurse Practitioners/Physician Assistants work with a variety of healthcare professionals and security officers in a correctional environment.
Nurse Practitioners/Physician Assistant also
· Respond to and initiate care for medical emergencies throughout the facility
· Identify patient health problems and prescribes treatment under direction of a physician
· Implement medical care utilizing therapeutic regimens approved by a physician
· Provide education to patient, healthcare and correctional staff
· Document all healthcare contacts
· Adhere to safety and security policies and participate in disaster drills
· Follow security regulations for keys, sharps, and controlled medications
· Delegate to and supervise other team members as appropriate
· Adhere to Universal Precautions and other appropriate infection control practices
Experience & Requirements
Graduate of an accredited college/university nurse practitioner program with current certification /licensure in the state of employment.
Maintains an active CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification.
Benefits for you: Opportunities for growth and advancement, Mal practice paid
Background check, security clearance, and drug screening required.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans
Job Locations US-MD-Hagerstown
Category Nurse Practitioners
Position Type PRN
Shift / Schedule Variable
Location ID 91217