Correctional Care | Committed Careers | Corizon Health
We haveÂ exceptional opportunities forÂ PRNÂ Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join our healthcare team at, theÂ Kent County JailÂ located in,Â Grand Rapids.
Available hours: Day,Â Evening & Night Shifts.
Qualifications of a Corizon Health LPN
- Graduate from a Licensed Practical Nursing program.
- Currently licensed as a Practical Nurse in the state of employment.
- Possesses an active Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Remains knowledgeable about specific state laws and regulations governing practice.
- Satisfactory completion of initial and annual clinical competencies to demonstrate aptitude as assigned by role.
Responsibilities of a Corizon Health LPN
Corizon Health Licensed Practical Nurses deliver quality care that is consistent within the scope of practice as outlined by the local state nurse practice act for Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses.
Corizon Health LPNs are responsible forâ¦
- Tasks, activities and functions as delegated and may make assignment of duties to others as defined in their state of practice act.
- Ensuring that tasks, activities and functions assigned to others can safely be performed by the person receiving the assignment based on their educational preparation
- Provide monitoring of tasks, activities and functions that are assigned to others to ensure proper understanding and completion.
- Visit the infirmary daily and documents encounters in patientsâ Medical Record as assigned. LPNs also ensure Medical Record documentation is in SOAP format, problem oriented and corresponds to the therapeutic order. Ensures all documentation is timed, legible and signed. Ensures all verbal or telephone orders are countersigned within seventy-two (72) hours.
- Contribute to the assessment of the health status of patients.
- Participate in the development and modification of a patientâs plan of care.
- Perform delegated tasks, activities and functions that are consistent with prior educational preparation and within scope of practice.
- Provide direct basic care to assigned (multiple) clients within the structure of the healthcare program at their facility.
- Provide safe and effective nursing care and assumes responsibility for the care delivered.
- Implements patient education based on established teaching plans.
Benefits of a Corizon Health LPN
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- 401(k) with company match
- Free online Continuing Education program
- Comprehensive Onboarding
- Mentor and Preceptor Programs
Carolyn Coney-Johnson, Clinical RecruiterÂ 615.660.6814
As the correctional healthcare pioneer and leader for 35+ years, Corizon Health provides client partners with high quality healthcare and reentry services that will improve the health and safety of our patients reduce recidivism and better the communities where we live and work.
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening.Â Â
Â CorizonÂ Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.