Corizon Health Dental Assistant in Kuna, Idaho
About Corizon Health
Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It’s a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. If you are interested in helping us continue our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise, we encourage you to connect with us today.
• Under direct supervision, performs nonprofessional work assisting the dentist with patient care, instruments, supplies and records
• Prepares operations with appropriate instruments and material for the patients scheduled to be seen
• Assists dentist during treatment, providing instruments, material retraction or suction
• Sterilizes instruments and disinfects operation area between patients
• Schedules patients for dental appointments
• Performs laboratory procedures such as mixing impression material for dentures and assists in the clinical procedures of prosthetic dentistry
• Develops and mounts routine films. Assists in maintaining dental charts, records dental findings
• Follows security regulations for keys, sharps and controlled medications. Adheres to safety and security policies and participates in disaster drills
• Adheres to Universal Precautions and other appropriate infection control practices
• Inventories and orders supplies to maintain proper levels
• Performs nonprofessional work assisting the dentist with patient care, instruments, supplies and records
Experience & Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent
Dental assistant certification
Minimum of one year dental assistant experience required
Must have current CPR certification
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening
Benefits include Free online Continuing Education program; Comprehensive Onboarding.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Job Locations US-ID-Kuna
Position Type PRN
Shift / Schedule Variable
Location ID 06355