Corizon Health Registered Nurse (RN) Director of Nursing (DON) in Kuna, Idaho
About Corizon Health
At Corizon Health, we share a common bond to deliver extraordinary care and client service. We take pride in achieving excellence and honoring our responsibility to deliver safe, effective and efficient healthcare services that better our communities. Join our team and experience a work culture that encourages professional growth, development and well-being. Find out why, as healthcare experts, we could work anywhere, but we choose to work at Corizon Health and make a difference together.
Correctional care is a highly specialized field of nursing that allows you autonomy and the rare opportunity to use most of your nursing skills. You may see triage care, dentistry, lab, x-ray, ophthalmology, infirmaries, emergency rooms, and much more. Correctional nurses are the first on the scene healthcare providers, so no two days are alike. We welcome nurses from all backgrounds including, but not limited to new graduates, nursing homes, hospitals, dialysis, home health, and doctors offices. You will be able to treat trauma, chronic illness, substance abuse, and mental illness to name a few.
Now Offering a Sign On Bonus to New Employees! Must Apply by 11/18/19!
• Accountable for the management of nursing practice, nursing education, staff nurse professional development, and nurse administration
• Accountable for promoting the delivery of quality healthcare services, in collaboration with the Site Medical Provider and Health Services Administrator, to ensure that patients' medical needs are addressed at the site within the context of the site-specific contract and the organization's goals and values
• Directs the nursing care in collaboration with the Site Medical Provider, Health Services Administrator and the Regional Director of Nursing designee for the contract within the context of the correctional healthcare delivery system by fostering collaboration and effective problem-solving among all identified stakeholders
• Ensures the integration of evidence-based practice and research application that fosters nursing excellence in the delivery of care to diverse populations
• A more all-inclusive job description will be given on site during interview.
Experience & Requirements
• Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing with the ability to obtain a Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of employment.
• Minimum three (3) years progressive nursing management experience, nursing experience in direct patient care delivery services.
• Possess the highest degree of professionalism
• Demonstrated ability to interact positively with the client, patients, staff, and management team.
• Computer proficiency
• Exceptional communication skills, influence, morale, and leadership abilities
• Have a strong desire to have a significant role in the success of an innovative health services program
• This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening
Benefits include the opportunity to become Certified Correctional Healthcare Professionals (CCHP), a designation given by the National Commission on Correctional Health Care; 5 weeks Paid Time Off; Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance; $10,000 in Tuition Assistance for continuing education; 401(k) with company match; Free online Continuing Education program; Comprehensive Onboarding; Mentor and Preceptor Programs..
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans
Job Locations US-ID-Kuna | US-ID-Boise
Category Nursing & Nursing Assistant
Position Type Regular Full-time
Shift / Schedule Weekday Day