Corizon Health Medical Records Clerk in Rawlins, Wyoming
About Corizon Health
Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional healthcare in the United States.
We are a company built on more than 40 years of innovation and expertise in the industry.
Our people, our practices, and our commitment to success are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your correctional healthcare career.
This position is 36 hours weekly.
· Accountable for the maintenance of health records.
· Organizes and maintains a system of files and records concerning diagnoses, treatments, admissions and discharges.
· Retrieve medical charts for all healthcare staff or clinics as requested. File daily all currently used medical records.
· Secures all active and inactive medical records.
· Assure that charts are counter-signed by Physician and checks charts for completeness.
· Releases information at the direction of the Medical Records Supervisor, Medical Director or Health Services Administrator.
· Answer telephone, take messages and makes telephone calls. Also types letters, reports and memorandums.
· Maintains a roster or appointment book based on scheduled appointments for both on and off-site appointments.
· Orders, receives and maintains office supplies.
Experience & Requirements
**MA or CNA certification is highly desired.
· High School graduate or equivalent
· One (1) year medical records experience.
· Familiarity with the Problem Oriented Medical Record (SOAP) system essential.
· Must receive a satisfactory background report.
Benefits for you: Opportunities for growth and advancement, Paid time off, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Tuition assistance, 401(K) with company match, free online Continuing Education program, and Comprehensive onboarding.
Background check, security clearance, and drug screening required.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans
Job Locations US-WY-Rawlins
Category Administrative & Clerical
Position Type Regular Full-time
Shift / Schedule Weekday Day